1-Day Create Digital Fill-In Form In Word And Auto Import Form Data From Excel
Course In Singapore
Learn to extract digital fillable forms in Word and tabulate into Excel automatically in seconds or within minutes
All our courses are not subsidised and non-claimable using SkillsFuture credit
Create Digital Fill-In Form In Word And Auto Import Form Data From Excel Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Mr. Alaster Leong.
The below questions are commonly asked by many people without a single clue on solving them and continue spending quality time collecting and entering information manually.
- How to gather information from people?
- How to gather digital information?
- How to create digital fill-in form?
- How to transfer the digital form into tabular format without entering manually?
- How to batch transfer all digital forms into tabular format like Excel automatically?
- How to gather information more efficiently?
Well, creating a form is easy but creating a fillable Word form can be challenging and time consuming when transferring the digital form into tabular format is done manually.
Take for example, you have 50 forms with 20 items in a single form. If the transferring of data (copy and paste) is done manually, you may take 5 mins or longer to complete 1 form. If you have 50 forms with 1000 items to be transferred, how much time will it takes you? It takes you 4 hours 16 mins to complete 50 forms by doing manually and continuously without any break time.
What if you can get 50 forms done in less than 30 seconds? Well, apart from learning how to create digital form for surveys, evaluation or application forms for analysis in this course, you will also increase your work efficiency by learning how to automate the importing of data to Excel without valuable time wastage.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- create digital fill-in form in MS Word.
- fill Word form.
- automate the importing of Word forms in batch into Excel using VBA.
- make their work more efficient and save tons of time without entering the collected data manually.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for anyone who required to collect data, e.g. sales and marketing, business development, human resource, marcom, market surveyors, educator and more…
This is a hands-on practical course. Trainer will walk through the topic step-by-step. Learners will be provided with exercise files on every topic to effectively apply what have been taught. A short Q & A session will be available after each topic.
- Must possess basic working knowledge on Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Prior programming and VBA knowledge is NOT required
- Software Requirement: Microsoft Excel and Word version 2010 or higher or Office 365 installed
Things To Bring
- PC/Windows operating system laptop with Microsoft Excel and Word version 2010 or higher or Office 365 installed (personal laptop is preferred as some company laptops may have security restriction)
- Laptop power adaptor
- A USB mouse
1. Microsoft Word
- Developer tab
- Introduction to Content Controls
- Which Content Controls should be avoided
- Building the structure of the form using Table
- Inserting the Content Controls into the form structure
- Setting the properties of the Content Controls
- Save the document as the master copy
- Protecting the document so that only form filling is allows
- Save the document as another name for distribution
2. Microsoft Excel
- Create a workbook for collecting the data from the Word document form
- Create the VBA Sub procedure for importing form data from Word document in the Personal Macro Workbook
- Place the macro in Excel QAT
3. Test the Import
- Duplicate a few copies of the Word document that contains the form
- Save all duplicated copies in the same path as the Excel workbook
- Open all duplicated copies and fill the form
- Open the workbook and start the importing
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Alaster has been training adult learners in IT in both the private and public sectors since 1986. Alaster’s career before training centred around IT for over 12 years, as he held various roles within software development. He has earned himself a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and he is an existing Trainer approved by People’s Association (PA). He was also a former Associate Trainer with the Civil Service College.
He specialises on training Microsoft Applications and Adobe Photoshop. Based on his vast experience and keeping abreast with the emerging trends, tools and technologies with the IT industry, especially software, he has extensively involved in developing several course outlines and course materials and conducting training to equip learners with skills in-demand or likely to be most important in the jobs of the future work.
Alaster constantly explore innovative and effective ways in imparting knowledge and engaging his learners at the same time. He also focuses his training on providing practical solutions to real-life problems, especially Excel. He is more than willing to help overcome various problems faced by his learners that arise in their workplace in applying their newly-acquired knowledge and skills any time after the course. He is well-known for his dedication, commitment and passion to training that makes him well-liked and appreciated by his learners.
All our courses are not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
This course is not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
No Laptop will be provided. Bring Your Own Laptop Course.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 8 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
A closed class can be requested if you have a group of at least 6 or more registered for the same course and date at a preferred date, subject to trainer availability.
Closed class is not customised class.
To be confirmed one (1) week prior to the course start date.
For Company-Sponsored Learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored Learners:
Click here to download registration form.
You can also register online here.
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.
More Original Courses Developed & Trained By Alaster
Data Analysis Using Dynamic And Interactive Excel Dashboard Course
Data Analysis With Excel Power Query, Data Model And Power Pivot Course
Excel 100 Tips And Techniques Course (Exclusive)
Excel 365 Dynamic Arrays And Power Functions (New & Exclusive)
Excel Advanced Formulas And Functions Course
Excel Automation With VBA Series 1 – Fundamentals Course
Excel Data Cleansing And Building Techniques Course
Excel Pivot Table In-Depth Course
Excel Power Query – Automating Data Preparation (Exclusive)
Power BI Desktop Series 1 – Data Model, DAX And Dashboard Visualization Course (Exclusive)
Power BI Desktop Series 2 – Advanced DAX Formulas Course (New & Exclusive)
PowerPoint Tips And Techniques Course