Excel Pivot Table In-Depth Course Overview
Pivot Table is one of the most powerful features in Microsoft Excel. A Pivot Table allows the extraction of significance from large, detailed data sets. Our advanced Excel – with a focus on Pivot Tables – training course will prepare you to use them to your advantage.
Our trainer will demonstrate the mechanics of leveraging Pivot Tables to summarize, sort, count and chart data in Microsoft Excel. You will also learn to navigate the complexity of Pivot Tables that will be useful in helping you build Pivot Tables from single or multiple data sources, add calculated fields, filter your results and format your layout for readability.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- prepare data source to use in Pivot Table
- create a PivotTable
- get data from external source
- summarize multiple data fields
- manage subtotals and grand totals
- group Pivot Table fields
- filter with selections, rules, search filters, slicers, and timeline
- apply Pivot Table styles
- format cells with conditional formatting
- show different calculations in PivotTable value fields
- create calculated fields using formulas
- create calculated items with combine fields
- create PivotCharts
This course is for anyone:
- who is keen to learn the proper way of creating Pivot Table
- who wants to go beyond the basic Pivot Table e.g. using formula to create calculated fields
- who wants to summarize their data in different ways
- who wants to generate more reports which is hard to achieve in normal spreadsheet
- who wants to generate chart that is easily changeable using Pivot Table
This is a hands-on practical course. Our trainer will walk through each of the topics step-by-step. Learners will also be provided with exercise files on each topic to practise application of what has been taught. A short Q & A session will be available after each topic.
- Completed Excel Basic or active Excel user
- Must be familiar in using Excel basic functions
- Basic knowledge on Excel chart
- PC/Windows operating system laptop (personal laptops are preferred as some company laptops may have restrictions in accessing the Internet and USB thumb drive)
- Laptop power adaptor
- A USB mouse
- A USB thumb drive or hard-disk
- Software requirement: Microsoft Excel version 2010-2019 or Office 365
- Calculated field
- Calculated Item
- Calculations in Show Value As
Our Dedicated Trainer
Having trained adult learners specialising in IT from both public and private sectors since 1986, Alaster has a wealth of experience in training. Before moving into the training sector, Alaster worked in IT for over 12 years – boasting a wide range of roles held within software development. Prior to being approved by People’s Association (PA), Alaster was an Associate Trainer with the Civil Service College. He also holds Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and specialises in training Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Photoshop.
With his vast experience and commitment to keeping abreast with emerging trends, tools and technologies within the IT and software industry, Alaster is extensively involved in developing course outlines and materials that equip learners with up-and-coming skills in demand for the future of work.
In constantly exploring innovative and effective methods of imparting knowledge, Alaster is able to engage his learners in the courses he conducts. A large part of his trainings are committed to providing practical solutions to real-life problems, especially in the Excel courses he conducts. An approachable and engaging trainer, Alaster is always willing to aid his learners in overcoming various problems using the skills acquired even after courses. Well-known and liked for his dedication, commitment and passion for training, Alaster is appreciated by his learners.
The Pivot Table In-Depth course is conducted in Singapore by Alaster. Those seeking to improve their in-depth Pivot Table skills can sign up for the course.
For organisations applying with more than 2 learners, please click here to download the registration form.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks with refreshments and catered/buffet lunch
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more
Absentees will be charged the full course fee
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own “closed” class. Closed classes are perfect for corporate team training where group learning can make a difference.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
For Company-Sponsored Learners: Click here to download registration form
For Self-Sponsored Learners:
Click here to download registration form
You can also register online here
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to see our courses on the list. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis)
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control
More Courses By Alaster
Excel 100 Tips And Techniques Course (New & Exclusive)
Excel Data Cleansing And Building Techniques Course (New & Exclusive)