2-Day Excel Power Query -
Automating Data Preparation
Course In Singapore
(New & Exclusive)
Use Excel Power Query to transform data in ways you never thought were possible!
All our courses are not subsidised and non-claimable using SkillsFuture credit
Excel Power Query - Automating Data Preparation Course Overview
Power Query is an Excel business intelligence tool that allows you to import data from a variety of sources and then clean, transform, and reshape the data as needed (ETL process).
Power Query has been in Excel since version 2016 and above (Power Query is unavailable on Mac) but unfortunately, many people haven’t discovered its existence and potential and continue to do things in the old “labour-intensive” way, or in the “complex” way using complex formulas.
Using Power Query is like finding a miracle cure to solve any challenging data analysis problem instantly:
- Large data from different sources including Excel, text files, the web, online services, databases, even documents stored in SharePoint folder can be quickly and easily combined and consolidated.
- Replace complex formulas with just a few clicks.
- With a few clicks you can accomplish complex data transformations that took a long time (e.g., unpivoting data) in a flash.
Furthermore, your actions are recorded, so once you receive new data, simply click Refresh!
And these are just a few examples!
How about this? The knowledge and skills you learn in this course can also be applied to Power BI and Power Pivot! You will have the latest version of Power Query if you are using Power BI.
Probably you’re thinking… This sounds great. How useful is this at work?
- Power Query will change how you interact with data in Excel and will save you hours that can be used to explore your data, progress powerful insights, and make better decisions.
- With Power Query, you can import and clean millions of rows into the data model for analysis.
- Reduce the amount of work that goes into converting, cleaning, formatting, deleting, and changing the format of your source data. Save the working time of updating the data analysis worksheet.
- Use Power Query to create queries and data connections to multiple data sources and reports that will update when new data is added to the source.
- Enable you to automate tedious and repetitive tasks without writing a single programming code.
- Gives you access to an array of powerful tools for transforming data all in one place.
- It saves hours of time that would have been spent manually copying and pasting in the past.
- The data can be quickly and easily refreshed with just one click.
- Reducing time spent on manual tasks.
- The query can be set up once and then reused with a simple refresh.
Additionally, you’ll find learning Power Query a lot easier and fun than you imagine. With our Power Query course, you’ll walk away with tools to solve many problems and make a positive impact in your work.
One more thing you might not know …
Generally, the more effort you put into learning something, the more rewarding you will get. However, it’s not the same with learning Power Query! A little effort yields so much reward!
Power Query in Excel will blow you away with its data transformation capabilities! Are you ready to take your Excel skills to the next level by exploring how Power Query can help you use Excel differently?
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Import, clean, and transform large datasets from a variety of sources (Excel, CSV, web, etc.).
- Consolidate data from multiple Excel workbooks into one Table (or Pivot Table).
- Combine data from all files in a folder (and make exceptions as needed).
- Store the end result into Excel Data Model for further data analysis.
This course will benefit:
- Anyone who receives daily, weekly or monthly data files and require consolidating them into one table for analysis and once the next period’s file is received, use Power Query to connect to the folder and automatically add the new data to the consolidated table.
- Those who often search for Excel formula solutions online and wondering if there is an alternative method
- Anyone who want to discover new ways to get work done faster with Excel
- Those who work with big data using Excel
- Those who are intrigued by the power dimension of Excel
- Those who work with Excel reports, dashboards, and analysis, and spend countless hours preparing and cleaning data from other Excel worksheets, financial systems, databases, websites, SharePoint, and other sources.
- Those who merge data using Vlookup or other lookup and reference functions.
- Excel users who are interested in automating the process of working with external data.
- Anyone who needs to combine data manually in Excel (Using Power Query will no longer require copying and pasting).
- Anyone who get their data from CSV files, text files, XML files, or other excel workbooks.
- Excel users who work with data models.
This is a hands-on practical course. Our trainer will walk through each of the topics step-by-step. Learners will also be provided with exercise files on each topic to practise application of what has been taught. A short Q & A session will be available after each topic.
- PC/Windows operating system laptop (personal laptops are preferred as some company laptops may have restrictions in accessing the Internet and USB thumb drive)
- Laptop power adaptor
- A USB mouse
- A USB thumb drive or hard-disk
- Software requirement: Microsoft Excel version 2010-2019 or Office 365
Our Dedicated Trainer
Having trained adult learners specialising in IT from both public and private sectors since 1986, Alaster has a wealth of experience in training. Before moving into the training sector, Alaster worked in IT for over 12 years – boasting a wide range of roles held within software development. Prior to being approved by People’s Association (PA), Alaster was an Associate Trainer with the Civil Service College. He also holds Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and specialises in training Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Photoshop.
With his vast experience and commitment to keeping abreast with emerging trends, tools and technologies within the IT and software industry, Alaster is extensively involved in developing course outlines and materials that equip learners with up-and-coming skills in demand for the future of work.
In constantly exploring innovative and effective methods of imparting knowledge, Alaster is able to engage his learners in the courses he conducts. A large part of his trainings are committed to providing practical solutions to real-life problems, especially in the Excel courses he conducts. An approachable and engaging trainer, Alaster is always willing to aid his learners in overcoming various problems using the skills acquired even after courses. Well-known and liked for his dedication, commitment and passion for training, Alaster is appreciated by his learners.
The Pivot Table In-Depth course is conducted in Singapore by Alaster. Those seeking to improve their in-depth Pivot Table skills can sign up for the course.
All our courses are not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
For organisations applying with more than 2 learners, please click here to download the registration form.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
This course is not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
Inclusive of coffee breaks with refreshments and bento / buffet lunch.
Bring Your Own Laptop Course.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
2 days, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(14 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own closed class at a date of your choice, subject to trainer’s availability.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
Lower course fee is also available for closed class at your premises. Request a quote.
For Company-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
You can also register online here.
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to see our courses on the list. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration.
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date.
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis).
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.
More Courses By Alaster
Excel 100 Tips And Techniques Course (Exclusive)
Excel Automation With VBA Series 1 Course (New & Exclusive)