1-Day Word Tips And Techniques
Course In Singapore
Solutions for your daily "how to" problems. Time saving tips and techniques to help you get things done more efficiently
All our courses are not subsidised / SkillsFuture claimable
Word Tips And Techniques Course Overview
Despite various alternatives available out there, Microsoft Word remains one of the most popular word processors. A popular tool like this should be easy to master, right? The answer is NO – there are some quirky things that Microsoft Word does frustrate people daily.
Most of us don’t have time to discover all the ins and outs of the software we use on a daily basis and there are other things that you want Microsoft Word to do that seem impossible to those who aren’t well acquainted with the program’s intricacies. Countless hours can quickly swirl down the drain if you get stuck trying to figure out how to describe the problem so you can search for an answer.
Do you know how to:
- set all new documents font to Arial 12 instead of Calibri 11?
- set all new documents paragraph alignment to Justify instead of Left align?
- get rid of those extra spaces for all my new documents whenever you press the Enter key?
- insert signature block into the document instead of typing the whole signature block yourself?
- have different headers and footers in one document?
- have different page orientation in one document?
- select text vertically instead of horizontally?
- integrate other Microsoft Office document, such as Excel Spreadsheet, in your Word document to print them as one document?
- turn off an annoying feature?
- bypass three dialog boxes with a keyboard?
Well, all you need is just a few tricks to make a big difference. Learn how to take advantage of an obscure option that can save you from headaches and quality time wastage.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- make general settings as default for all new documents
- create automation without having to record macro
- speed up selection on text, paragraph, images, etc.
- customize the dictionary
- format tips and tricks
- re-position and wrap images and tables within paragraph
- insert sections to have different headers & footers, and different page orientations
- integrate with other Microsoft Office document into Word document
- apply useful tips and techniques
This course is for anyone who requires to do documentation and/or frequent Microsoft Word users such as administrator, business owner, sales and marketing, finance, customer service, educators, students etc
This is a hands-on practical course. Trainer will walk through the topic step-by-step. Learners will be provided with exercise files on every topic to effectively apply what have been taught. A short Q & A session will be available after each topic.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills or active Microsoft Word user
- PC/Windows operating system laptop (personal laptop is preferred as some company laptops may have restriction in accessing internet and USB thumb drive)
- Laptop power adaptor
- A USB mouse
- A USB thumb drive or hard-disk
- Software requirement: Microsoft Word version 2010-2019 or Office 365
Our Dedicated Trainer
Alaster has been training adult learners in IT in both the private and public sectors since 1986. Alaster’s career before training centred around IT for over 12 years, as he held various roles within software development. He has earned himself a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and he is an existing Trainer approved by People’s Association (PA). He was also a former Associate Trainer with the Civil Service College.
He specialises on training Microsoft Applications and Adobe Photoshop. Based on his vast experience and keeping abreast with the emerging trends, tools and technologies with the IT industry, especially software, he has extensively involved in developing several course outlines and course materials and conducting training to equip learners with skills in-demand or likely to be most important in the jobs of the future work.
Alaster constantly explore innovative and effective ways in imparting knowledge and engaging his learners at the same time. He also focuses his training on providing practical solutions to real-life problems, especially Excel. He is more than willing to help overcome various problems faced by his learners that arise in their workplace in applying their newly-acquired knowledge and skills any time after the course. He is well-known for his dedication, commitment and passion to training that makes him well-liked and appreciated by his learners.
All our courses are not subsidised / SkillsFuture claimable.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
This course is not subsidised / SkillsFuture claimable.
Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks with refreshments and catered / bento / buffet lunch.
Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) Course.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 5 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own closed class at a date of your choice, subject to trainer’s availability.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
Lower course fee is also available for closed class at your premises. Request a quote.
For Company-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
You can also register online here.
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to see our courses on the list. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration.
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date.
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis).
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.
More Courses By Alaster
Excel 100 Tips And Techniques Course (Exclusive)
Excel VBA Series 1 – Fundamentals Course (New & Exclusive)