Critical Thinking In The 21st Century Course Overview
Master one of the top five 21st century skills.
“A workforce that thinks critically is increasingly necessary in a rapidly-changing business market in which agile organizations continue to thrive.” – Team MACAT
Indeed, critical thinking matters. It is one of the essential skills that enable us to tackle existing and new challenges as well as completing them well. It means making reasoned judgments that are logical and well-thought out, using the results to come up with innovative new solutions to problems as well as making informed and creative decisions.
This course develops your understanding of the core concepts and skills of critical thinking, helps you to better understand the experiences and views of others, enhancing your ability to coach your team and build team capital.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- more effectively critic of your own and others’ assumptions
- apply the critical thinking process to problem-solving and decision making
- provide solution-focused coaching approach to develop your staff’s critical thinking
This course is for anyone who
- wants to improve their critical thinking
- wants practical tools and skills in coaching and building team towards enhanced critical thinking abilities
- who wants to learn more about critical thinking and discover their potential
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of mini-lectures, small group discussions, presentations, workplace activities and video-clips. Learners are expected to contribute actively to achieve maximum learning impact.
- Different Types of Thinking
- Barriers to Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Keys to Critical Thinking – Think RED
- Critical vs Creative Thinking in Problem Solving
- Thinking Styles and Big 5 Personality Traits
- Link between Coaching and Critical Thinking
- Questioning through Authentic Dialogue
Our Dedicated Trainer
Susan, with 20 years of teaching and training experience in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Myanmar, she has a personal mission to make a difference in the lives of youth and adults. Her love for learning and enthusiasm for sharing her knowledge have inspired countless people to work toward their personal goals. She is committed to empowering others to live purposefully and exceed their personal best.
Susan possesses a good amount of imagination for anticipating future needs and focusing on strategy. That has given her a competitive age to create interesting courseware and coaching approach, to enhance the learning and development outcome. In fact, Susan was nominated by the students and colleagues, and had won the Most Inspiring Teacher and the Outstanding Contribution Award for Teaching and Learning when she was in the teaching fraternity.
Her extensive academic background includes
- Master of Education from the University of Melbourne
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education from the National Institute of Education (NIE)
- ACTA Certified Trainer and Assessor
- ACCDF Certified Career Development Facilitator
- DISC Certified Human Behaviour Consultant
- Workplace Big 5 Certified Consultant
- John Maxwell Team Certification (on-going)
She is also an Associate Adult Educator with the Institute of Adult Learning (IAL).
For organisations applying with more than 2 learners, please click here to download the registration form.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks with refreshments and catered/buffet lunch
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more
Absentees will be charged the full course fee
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
For Company-Sponsored Learners: Click here to download registration form
For Self-Sponsored Learners:
Click here to download registration form
You can also register online here
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to see our courses on the list. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis)
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control