Emotional Intelligence Skills To Make A Difference In Your Service To Customers Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Ms. Chua Bee Choo.
Service staff with emotional intelligence ability can make it works for them when dealing with difficult customers.
Emotional Intelligence is not personality. It is also not about being soft, nice or emotional. Originally coined by US psychologist, Peter Salovey and John Meyer, emotional intelligence refers to a learned ability to perceive, understand and express our feeling accurately and to communicate our emotion so that it works for us; not against us.
By increasing your emotional intelligence skills, it can help you to understand your emotion better; as well as the emotion of the customers. In addition, the ability to manage yourself and to stay motivated in stressful and difficult situations are all the essential skills needed when dealing with customers. Most importantly is the ability to show empathy and to have the emotional connections with customers in their difficult situations make them feel valued and understood. This will greatly help them reduce their frustration and anger in the situation.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Explain briefly what is emotional intelligence and the building blocks in emotional intelligence
- Say why emotional intelligence skill is so important in customer service
- Practice the techniques to increase their self-awareness, self-management and self-motivation
- Build trust by enhancing the emotional bank account with the people you work; which would increase teamwork
- Practise empathetic skill and make customers feel valued and understood; especially when customers are going through difficult and challenging situations.
- Use assertive communication skills to have a more effective communication with customers; especially those challenging customers
Who Should Attend?
This course is for Frontline Officers, Customer Service Executives and anyone who needs to deal with customers
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lecture, demonstration, group work, discussion, video, activity and presentation
1. Brief Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The building blocks in emotional intelligence
- Why emotional intelligence skills is important in customer service
2. Intrapersonal Intelligence Skills
a) Emotional Self-Awareness skills
- What is self-awareness
- Develop and increase your self-awareness
b) Emotional Self-Management skills
- Practice the steps to emotional management so as to act rationally in difficult situations
c) Emotional Self-Motivation
- Sources of motivation
- Dealing with setbacks and create comebacks
3. Interpersonal Intelligence Skills
a) Relationship Management
- Enhance the emotional bank account with the people you work with
b) Social Awareness
- Develop effective communication skills to communicate effectively with customers; especially in difficult customers’ situations
i. Practice empathetic
ii. Use of assertive communication skills to communicate effectively and confidently
- Problem Solving Skills
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Bee Choo has been training adult learners since 1999 in the areas of customer service and personal effectiveness for public and private sectors. Her forte is in customer service as her past experience as a frontline staff to Quality Service Manager has given her the hands-on experience in the area of customer training.
Besides conducting training on the standard public run courses, she has also done the followings:
- Designed customised materials and conduct training for clients who want to conduct in-house customer service training
- Conduct mass training in seminar and auditorium style for customer service
- Do job-aid for organisation
- Using role-plays to coach frontline staff to help them meet the service standards required
She holds a Master of Education in Training and Development with the University of Sheffield, Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Diploma in HRD, Associate Diploma in Customer Service (USA) and the Associate Diploma in Public Speaking (LCM), a Certified Trainer for the Disc Profiling System, Certified Trainer for the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Certified Six Seconds Associate EQ Trainer and Certified Stress Management Consultant. She has also attained ACTA certification awarded by WDA.
She was also a twice recipient of Civil Service College Trainer Excellence Award (2012 & 2017). She is also an Associate Adult Educator.
Inclusive of coffee breaks with refreshments and bento / buffet lunch.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
2 days, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(14 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own closed class.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
For Company-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date.
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis).
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.