Emotional Intelligence Skills To Make A Difference In your Service To Customers Course Overview
EI is not personality. It is also not about being soft, nice or emotional. Originally coined by US psychologist, Peter Salovey and John Meyer, emotional intelligence refers to a learned ability to perceive, understand and express our feeing accurately and to communicate our emotion so that it works for us; not against us.
By increasing your emotional intelligence skills, it can help you to understand your emotion better; as well as the emotion of the customers. In addition, the ability to manage yourself and to stay motivated in stressful and difficult situations are all the essential skills needed when dealing with customers. Most importantly is the ability to show empathy and to have the emotional connections with customers in their difficult situations make them feel valued and understood. This will greatly help them reduce their frustration and anger in the situation.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Explain briefly what is emotional intelligence and the building blocks in emotional intelligence
- Say why emotional intelligence skill is so important in customer service
- Practice the techniques to increase their self-awareness, self-management and self-motivation
- Build trust by enhancing the emotional bank account with the people you work; which would increase teamwork
- Practise empathetic skill and make customers feel valued and understood; especially when customers are going through difficult and challenging situations.
- Use assertive communication skills to have a more effective communication with customers; especially those challenging customers
This course is for Frontline Officers, Customer Service Executives and anyone who needs to deal with customers
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lecture, demonstration, group work, discussion, video, activity and presentation
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The building blocks in emotional intelligence
- Why emotional intelligence skills is important in customer service
a) Emotional Self-Awareness skills
- What is self-awareness
- Develop and increase your self-awareness
b) Emotional Self-Management skills
- Practice the steps to emotional management so as to act rationally in difficult situations
c) Emotional Self-Motivation
- Sources of motivation
- Dealing with setbacks and create comebacks
a) Relationship Management
- Enhance the emotional bank account with the people you work with
b) Social Awareness
- Develop effective communication skills to communicate effectively with customers; especially in difficult customers’ situations
i. Practice empathetic
ii. Use of assertive communication skills to communicate effectively and confidently
- Problem Solving Skills
Our Dedicated Trainer
Bee Choo has been training adult learners since 1999 in the areas of customer service and personal effectiveness for public and private sectors. Her forte is in customer service as her past experience as a frontline staff to Quality Service Manager has given her the hands-on experience in the area of customer training.
Besides conducting training on the standard public run courses, she has also done the followings:
- Designed customised materials and conduct training for clients who want to conduct in-house customer service training
- Conduct mass training in seminar and auditorium style for customer service
- Do job-aid for organisation
- Using role-plays to coach frontline staff to help them meet the service standards required
She holds a Master of Education in Training and Development with the University of Sheffield, Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Diploma in HRD, Associate Diploma in Customer Service (USA) and the Associate Diploma in Public Speaking (LCM), a Certified Trainer for the Disc Profiling System, Certified Trainer for the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Certified Six Seconds Associate EQ Trainer and Certified Stress Management Consultant. She has also attained ACTA certification awarded by WDA.
She was also a twice recipient of Civil Service College Trainer Excellence Award (2012 & 2017). She is also an Associate Adult Educator.
For organisations applying with more than 2 learners, please click here to download the registration form.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have prerequisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary prerequisites before registering.
Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks with refreshments and catered/buffet lunch
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more
Absentees will be charged the full course fee
2 days, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(14 hrs, exclude lunch break)
For Company-Sponsored Learners: Click here to download registration form
For Self-Sponsored Learners:
Click here to download registration form
You can also register online here
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to see our courses on the list. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis)
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control