Replying To Email Feedback And Complaints Effectively Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Ms. Caroline Dawson.
A well-written and strong email reply is vital in effective writing communication. The course is structured such that learners will learn to adopt an appropriate style, tone and format of writing, express their points coherently, and to consistently produce focused replies. They will also pick up skills to avoid common writing errors and to write professionally.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Appreciate the importance of writing well for their organisation and themselves.
- Apply principles taught to write emails that are clear and logical; and meet the organisation’s needs and expectations better.
- To learn the value of good written replies.
- To develop paragraphs that introduce, connect, develop and conclude ideas.
- To learn how to edit your work so you can feel confident that it is clear, concise, complete and correct.
- To provide an opportunity to apply these skills in real work situations.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for
- Executives, Administrative Officers and anyone who needs to handle formal email-based feedback and complaints
- Anyone who interacts with both external and internal customers.
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of
- individual and group activities
- writing exercises
1. Pre-Writing Stage
- Customer analysis—Objectives are to manage objections from customers and content.
- Applying critical and analytical skills in email replies (feedback and complaints).
2. Email Writing Essentials
- Different types of email replies—informational and decision-making.
- Objectives of emails.
- Use storyboarding to structure thoughts and deliverables.
- Templates for formal and informal email replies.
3. Writing Stage
- Modern day business writing vs. older form of business writing.
- The Five W’s of planning (Executive Summary skills).
- Concise writing essentials.
- Words and phrases for replying to feedback (e.g. general requests, compliments etc.) and complaints.
4. Post-Writing Stage
- Common grammar errors made in writing.
- Editing and proofreading skills.
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Caroline has more than 10 years of invaluable experience as an Editor of lifestyle and technical publications and 20 years teaching business management, environmental and soft-skills communication.
As a former journalist, Caroline’s professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer/Facilitator, Keynote Speaker and Learning & Development Consultant; has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication and management skills in the work force. As an ACTA certified WSQ trainer, She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency based assessments for communication workshops.
Her many opportunities in working with the public and private sectors around the world has enhanced her training experience. Learners of her training workshops attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training methodology that have helped them in their workplace business management. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
She holds a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from NTU (Singapore) and has attained the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification through the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. Caroline is also an MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark/Emotion practitioner; Certified ScrumMaster® and ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) of which she uses such tools for top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members. Caroline is now pursuing her Doctorate in Business Administration from the University of Teesside (UK).
All our courses are not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
This course is not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 8 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
A closed class can be requested if you have a group of at least 8 or more registered for the same course and date at a preferred date, subject to trainer availability.
Closed class is not customised class.
For Company-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
To be confirmed one (1) week prior to the course start date.
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.
More Original Courses Developed & Trained By Caroline
Building High Performance Teams Course
Develop A Positive Mindset To Workplace Changes Course
Managing Work-Related Stress Course
Mastering The Art Of Assertiveness For Professional Effectiveness Course
Raising Emotional Intelligence Course
Respond Intelligently Under Pressure Course
When To Be A Boss, Leader And Manager Course