When To Be A Boss, Leader And Manager Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Ms. Caroline Dawson.
This seminar is to equip managers with a clear understanding of the importance of managing people and enhancing leadership effectiveness within the organisation and its impact on others.
Whether middle managers, senior managers and C-Suite leaders, such individuals will need to develop their relevant management and leadership skills, knowledge and confidence to enable them to effectively lead their teams to ensure that their results meet the organisation’s standards and expectations crucial to the establishment’s success in today’s changing working environment.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Understand the current approaches to effective leadership.
- Distinguish differences between leadership and management.
- Analyse strengths and areas for development.
- Be more effective in communicating and leading their teams .
- Manage and support organisational change in times of technology disruption (Industry 4.0).
- Manage team conflicts in a ‘win-win’ situation.
- Engage in group problem solving and decision making.
- Determine what motivates and what does not motivate team members.
- Increase profitablility with process improvements.
- Reduce turnover rate.
- Increase team and personal “happiness” index.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is highly recommendable for both new and experienced Supervisors, Managers, Team Leaders and C-Level Executives.
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of
- Group Discussion/Brainstorming
- Case Studies
- Self Analysis/Critique Session
- Learning from a Partner
1. Leadership Roles
- A comparative analysis of management and leadership.
- The changing role of the ‘Leader’ – Leadership with ownership.
- The purpose, functions and roles of a leader.
- What makes an effective leader in stakeholder management?
- Must-know leadership qualities such as self-assessment, sharp perception etc.
- Importance of branding at the workplace in business partnering.
- How to be persuasive using the “3 Greeks”.
- Increasing personal credibility using the “3 V’s”—verbal, vocal and visual elements.
2. Situational Leadership Styles
- Understanding Tuckman’s model of team dynamics with added steps of adjourning and transforming.
- What are the qualities of a performing team?
- Identifying team members’ developmental levels, their current level of competence and commitment.
- What appropriate leadership styles should you adopt using Hersey & Blanchard’s situational theory?
- What actions can you take to lead them currently and to the next level?
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Caroline has more than 10 years of invaluable experience as an Editor of lifestyle and technical publications and 20 years teaching business management, environmental and soft-skills communication.
As a former journalist, Caroline’s professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer/Facilitator, Keynote Speaker and Learning & Development Consultant; has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication and management skills in the work force. As an ACTA certified WSQ trainer, She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency based assessments for communication workshops.
Her many opportunities in working with the public and private sectors around the world has enhanced her training experience. Learners of her training workshops attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training methodology that have helped them in their workplace business management. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
She holds a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from NTU (Singapore) and has attained the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification through the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. Caroline is also an MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark/Emotion practitioner; Certified ScrumMaster® and ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) of which she uses such tools for top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members. Caroline is now pursuing her Doctorate in Business Administration from the University of Teesside (UK).
All our courses are not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
This course is not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 8 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
A closed class can be requested if you have a group of at least 8 or more registered for the same course and date at a preferred date, subject to trainer availability.
Closed class is not customised class.
For Company-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
To be confirmed one (1) week prior to the course start date.
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.
More Original Courses Developed & Trained By Caroline
Building High Performance Teams Course
Develop A Positive Mindset To Workplace Changes Course
Managing Work-Related Stress Course
Mastering The Art Of Assertiveness For Professional Effectiveness Course
Raising Emotional Intelligence Course
Replying To Email Feedback And Complaints Effectively Course
Respond Intelligently Under Pressure Course