Working With Difficult People Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Ms. Chua Bee Choo.
How your co-workers, colleagues or bosses want to behave is not within your control. However, how you behave when dealing with them is within your control. To reduce your stress and work more effectively, it is important to build up your capability to handle them.
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge of understanding the behaviours of difficult people and allow you to practice the essential skills to handle them more confidently. At the same time, this course demonstrates how to avoid finding yourself falling into one of the difficult person categories.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Understand what is a “difficult” person and why the need to address these difficult people
- Understand the 4 basic behavioural styles of people
- Gain a better understanding of the different classification of difficult people and how to work with them
- Strategize to cope with difficult people and bring out the best in them
- Prevent themselves from being a difficult person to others
This course is for anyone who wants to work well with “difficult” people
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lecture, group discussion, presentation, activity, video, demonstration and role-play.
- Understanding the 4 styles of behaviour
- Understanding the intent under each style of behaviour
- The different approaches to dealing with difficult people
- The Tank
- The Grenade
- The Think I know it All
- The Know-It-All
- The Negativists
- The Whiner
- The Indecisive
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Bee Choo has been training adult learners since 1999 in the areas of customer service and personal effectiveness for public and private sectors. Her forte is in customer service as her past experience as a frontline staff to Quality Service Manager has given her the hands-on experience in the area of customer training.
Besides conducting training on the standard public run courses, she has also done the followings:
- Designed customised materials and conduct training for clients who want to conduct in-house customer service training
- Conduct mass training in seminar and auditorium style for customer service
- Do job-aid for organisation
- Using role-plays to coach frontline staff to help them meet the service standards required
She holds a Master of Education in Training and Development with the University of Sheffield, Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Diploma in HRD, Associate Diploma in Customer Service (USA) and the Associate Diploma in Public Speaking (LCM), a Certified Trainer for the Disc Profiling System, Certified Trainer for the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Certified Six Seconds Associate EQ Trainer and Certified Stress Management Consultant. She has also attained ACTA certification awarded by WDA.
She was also a twice recipient of Civil Service College Trainer Excellence Award (2012 & 2017). She is also an Associate Adult Educator.
w.e.f. 01 Jan 2023
Inclusive of coffee breaks with refreshments and bento / buffet lunch.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own closed class.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date.
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis).
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.