- ALS will use your personal data from time to time to send you notices about special information, new programmes, and other similar information.
- ALS will not reveal customer information to any external organisation unless required by law.
- ALS does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Generally, we collect personal information from customers, prospective customers, suppliers etc. for purposes relating to the products and services we offer or require, or in assessing your suitability for employment with us, or for internal business and administrative purposes which includes enhancing our customer service level. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to your enquiries regarding training courses, and other services we offer;
- Processing your requests, orders, application and/or registration and administering accounts;
- Email Newsletter Update;
- Informing you of upcoming courses and/or events;
- Communicating with you in relation to products and services we provide which are relevant to your existing relationship with us;
- Offering you marketing and promotional updates you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners;
- Updating your records in our databases;
- Helping us to improve our service to you;
- Receiving feedback;
- Providing customer support including account servicing (class confirmation, reminders, postponements, cancellations etc)
- Course and product updates and upgrades;
- Research and surveys;
- Planning the provision of educational courses;
- Monitoring and enhancing the provision of educational courses;
- Meeting regulatory and legal obligations
- Applications for employment;
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above
ALS understands and respects the privacy of individuals and where possible, personal data is collected with your consent. This may take place in a number of ways, such as at the training venue, registration counters/booth etc, give us a written order or ask us to provide a product or service over the telephone or internet.
In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal data. It is generally not our policy to disclose your Personal Data to external organisations unless with your consent and/or required to disclose your personal data in response to a lawful request by public authorities or in connection with a legal obligation. Some examples of the types of external organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are our programme partners, other companies or individuals, including legal counsel and information technology service providers, who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (e.g. mailing houses of letters or printers for our marketing materials or marketing companies). These websites may send their own cookies to you, and as a result, may collect data and ask for your personal information that ALS would not. These external organisations are not authorised by us to use your personal data for anything other than the purposes(s) for which we supplied that data to them or as required by law. Some of our information technology service providers may be located overseas and, as a result, personal data collected and held by us may be transferred overseas. Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only disclose your personal data with your consent (implied or expressed), and we will also take reasonable steps to ensure the external organisation to whom we disclosed your information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your personal data.
While the supply of the personal data by you is voluntary, if you cannot provide or do not wish to provide the information sought, ALS may be unable to meet the purpose(s) for which the information was collected. Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all Personal Data will be protected, ALS cannot be responsible for any unauthorised wilful use or misuse of such data and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please note that your personal data will still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.