Critical Thinking And Decision-Making Skills Course Overview
This course is created, owned, and trained by its original creator, Mr. Christian Chua. Learn from the original creator.
In everyday situations, the quality of our decisions can lead to highly productive outcomes or jeopardise friendships, client satisfaction, or organisational stability.
This course comprehensively explores the principles underlying critical thinking and decision-making. It equips leaders and individuals with the skills and knowledge needed to enhance the quality of their decisions and responses.
Frequently, individuals confront the challenging choice between adhering strictly to organisational compliance requirements and taking initiative when faced with crucial moments. Throughout this course, learners will gain valuable insights into effectively manoeuvring through the intricate decision-making landscape, enabling them to make sound choices.
This condensed one-day workshop focuses on enhancing critical thinking skills, understanding wisdom, and applying these skills to make better personal and organisational decisions.
Outcomes of this workshop:
- Learners will learn to approach situations rationally, eliminating impulsive or biased behaviours
- Making optimal decisions to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Nurturing a group of bright employees who make good decisions daily
- Avoid making new policies because a single rarity happened, resulting in a cluster of policies. This knee-jerk reaction would lead to lower morale and frustrated employees
At the end of the course, learners are able to
- enhance critical thinking skills
- differentiate between knowledge, intelligence and wisdom
- elevate the wisdom quotient and foster the ability to make wise decisions
- improve the capacity to make informed decisions that benefit your organisation
- develop the skills necessary to formulate fair and balanced policies
This course is designed to benefit all who attend this workshop.
- Key position holders
- Executives and Managers
- General staff
Learners are guided through
- engaging classroom activities to illustrate the distinctions between knowledge, intelligence and wisdom
- instruction on decision-making using a structured framework, enabling learners to enhance their critical thinking abilities and make informed choices, particularly in the dynamic corporate landscape
- extensive use of role-playing and experiential learning techniques to reinforce key concepts and practical application
- Welcome and Icecreaker
- Workshop Goals and Objectives
- Defining Critical Thinking
- The Distinction Between Knowledge, Intelligence, and Wisdom
- Exploring the Concept of Wisdom
- Assessing and Enhancing Your Wisdom Quotient
- Critical Thinking Frameworks and Models
- Applying Critical Thinking to Real-World Scenarios
- The Decision-Making Process
- Factors Influencing Decision-Making
- Aligning Critical Thinking with organisational Goals
- Strategies for Making Better Organisational Decisions
- The Role of Policies in Organisational Decision-Making
- Principles for Formulating Fair and Balanced Policies
- Learners Feedback
- Key Takeaways and Action Planning
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Christian Chua, is an International Class Business Motivator. With over 25 years of professional speaking experience, he incorporates good, clean humour in all his presentations. Coupled with cutting-edge content he has established himself as a choice speaker for local and international events.
Christian is well respected for his expertise in Sales Motivation, Human behavior transformation, Body Language, People Skills, Communication and Life Strategies. Christian has also authored several successful books, including ‘How to be a Success Magnet’, ‘Making a Fortune while Sipping Coffee’, ‘Rapid Networking Skills’ and ‘Referability Factor’.
Christian was also the:
- President of the Asia Professional Speakers’ Association 08/09
- Global (MDRT) Million Dollar Round Table Speaker (Miami and Florida), the first Singaporean Motivational speaker to achieve this feat.
- Creator of MCAT (Maximus Career Profiling Tool) and Xtreme Behaviours profiling Test.
In May 2015, Christian had the privilege of speaking to a royalty, the Princess of Brunei and subsequently had the privilege of having a Royal audience with Her majesty. In 2017, Christian had the Princess of Kedah in his audience. In March 2019, Christian was invited to Israel to do a facial profiling of the 4 main Prime Minister Candidates to over 100 CEOs of the IT industry. Very often in Christian audience are Ministers and C level executives.
Christian opinion is regularly sought after by the media i.e. Radio, Television, Newspaper etc. Presented as a Body Language expert during the 2016 USA Presidential debate and Historic Trump-Kim meeting in a live broadcast that was beamed across 28 regions to over 150 million viewers.
All our courses are not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
Organisations with more than 2 learners, click here to download registration form.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
This course is not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
Inclusive of lunch and 02 coffee breaks with snack items.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 8 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
A closed class can be requested if you have a group of at least 8 or more registered for the same course and at a preferred month, subject to trainer availability.
Closed class is not customised class.
To be confirmed one (1) week prior to the course start date.
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.