Dealing With Difficult Customers Behaviour Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Ms. Chua Bee Choo.
How customers want to behave is not within your control. However, how you behave when dealing with difficult customers is within your control.
Difficult customers situations are inevitable when you have to deal with customers in your daily work. So, in order to reduce your stress and to do your job professionally, it is important to build up your capability to handle them.
This course will provide you with the knowledge of understanding the general behaviours of difficult customers and allow you to practice the essential skills to handle the difficult customers situations more confidently and professionally.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Explain the reasons for customers to become difficult
- Explain the principles of defusing hostility
- Apply the steps to manage your emotion
- Manage customer’s emotion by practising effective listening skills and using questions as a calming technique
This course is for Frontline officers, Customer Support Executives and Supervisors/Managers and those who deal with customers (not sales personnel)
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lecture, group discussion, presentation, activity, video, demonstration and role-play.
- What is the definition of a difficult customer?
- What are the reasons for them to behave in that manner?
- What are some of the common behaviours of difficult customers?
3. Equip yourself with the essential skills and techniques to build relationship with customers and make your dealing customers easier
- Steps to managing your emotion when dealing with difficult customers situations
- Manage customers emotion by practising the art of listening skill (it is more than merely hearing)
- What is listening?
- What makes an effective listener?
- What are the 3 things you listen to when interacting with customers
- How to listen effectively and make an impact on customers
- Questioning skills as a calming technique
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
Bee Choo has been training adult learners since 1999 in the areas of customer service and personal effectiveness for public and private sectors. Her forte is in customer service as her past experience as a frontline staff to Quality Service Manager has given her the hands-on experience in the area of customer training.
Besides conducting training on the standard public run courses, she has also done the followings:
- Designed customised materials and conduct training for clients who want to conduct in-house customer service training
- Conduct mass training in seminar and auditorium style for customer service
- Do job-aid for organisation
- Using role-plays to coach frontline staff to help them meet the service standards required
She holds a Master of Education in Training and Development with the University of Sheffield, Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Diploma in HRD, Associate Diploma in Customer Service (USA) and the Associate Diploma in Public Speaking (LCM), a Certified Trainer for the Disc Profiling System, Certified Trainer for the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Certified Six Seconds Associate EQ Trainer and Certified Stress Management Consultant. She has also attained ACTA certification awarded by WDA.
She was also a twice recipient of Civil Service College Trainer Excellence Award (2012 & 2017). She is also an Associate Adult Educator.
w.e.f. 01 Jan 2023
Inclusive of coffee breaks with refreshments and bento / buffet lunch.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own closed class.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date.
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis).
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.