Kickass Presentations Intensive Course Overview
Learn from the original creator of this course – Mr. David Goldwich.
This is an intensive, one-day workshop based on the book Kickass Business Presentations. It is ideal for experienced presenters who don’t have time for a two-day course, or for anyone else who wants to get the most bang for their buck in just one high-impact day.
Do not come to this workshop expecting to do tongue-twisters, breathing exercises, and other time wasters. Instead, you should expect to be challenged with unconventional methods and ideas and stretched beyond your comfort zone.
We will only have time to cover the important stuff, such as how to craft a clear and compelling message and deliver it with surgical precision, how to structure your presentation for maximum impact, and how to connect with your audience and own the room. You will learn how to handle questions and deal with the unexpected without losing control of your agenda.
You will also have the opportunity to deliver a short presentation (with or without slides) and be critiqued (optional but highly recommended).
All learners will receive a FREE copy of David Goldwich’s book – “Kickass Business Presentations: How to Persuade Your Audience Every Time”
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- understand their role as a presenter
- grab their audience attention from the first few seconds
- connect with and engage their audience
- develop a clear, compelling, and memorable message
- structure their presentation to achieve their objective
- deliver their message with a surgical strike
- develop a commanding presence using their voice, appearance, and nonverbal communication techniques
- paint mental pictures with words, stories, and visuals
- handle Q and A like a pro and control the agenda
- use a checklist to take advantage of every golden opportunity
- be the one their audience remember!
Who Should Attend?
This course is for:
- managers, department heads, sales and marketing professionals, team leaders, C-level executives, lawyers, government officials, lecturers, trainers with basic training or experience in delivering business presentations
- others who wish to improve their speaking and presentation skills.
Learners are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of presentation/discussion, demonstrations, interactive sessions, presentations and critiques and videos.
Things To Bring
- A laptop with your presentation slides (if any)
- A presentation that you have given previously or are preparing to give in future
- What is a Presentation? (It’s not what you think!)
- How to Stand Out from the Rest
- Your Role as Presenter
2. Developing a Compelling Message
- Know Your Audience
- Be Clear About Your Message
- Craft a Money Phrase
- Balance the Critical Elements: Logic, Character, and Passion
3. Structuring Your Presentation
- Opening to Command Attention
- Organizing Your Content
- Closing with a Bang
- Rhythm and Flow
4. Painting Mental Pictures
- Graphics and Visual Aids
- Slides: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The Power of Contrast
- Moving People with Stories
5. Your Delivery: How to Own the Room
- Power Words and the Active Voice
- Charisma and Presence
- Mastering the Q and A
- When Things Go Bad – How to Fix It
Our Dedicated Trainer
Learn from the original creator of this course.
David, the Persuasion Doctor, teaches people how to become more influential, compelling, and irresistibly persuasive as they share their message with the world. He has MBA and JD degrees and practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, arguing before judges and political, government, and community bodies. He knows how to persuade the toughest audiences.
David began lecturing and training in 1995. A provocative and engaging speaker, David uses humor and stories gathered from his own experience as a lawyer, businessman, and father to help people reach breakthrough changes in their personal and professional lives. He is the author of four books and numerous articles in his field of expertise.
David specializes in the area of persuasive communications, including:
Negotiation – David advocates the interest-based negotiation approach developed at Harvard to achieve win-win outcomes, though he can also take the gloves off and teach more hardball tactics and counter-tactics. David is the author of Win-Win Negotiations: Developing the Mindset, Skills and Behaviours of Win-Win Negotiators.
Persuasive Presentation Skills – David speaks internationally to large and small audiences. As a member of Toastmasters International he has won multiple speech competitions. David is the author of Kickass Business Presentations: How to Persuade Your Audience Every Time and Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?: Lessons in Effective Communication.
Storytelling in Business – Telling stories is a powerful and persuasive vehicle that top leaders use to get their message across with maximum impact and minimum resistance. David teaches the many purposes stories serve, as well as how to craft powerful and persuasive stories and master high impact delivery techniques for telling stories that move people to action.
Influence and Persuasion – Business is all about influence and persuasion. David conducts workshops in influence and persuasion techniques, and also infuses these principles into all of his other programs.
Born and raised in Miami, Florida, USA, David has been living in Singapore and working throughout Asia since 1999.
Inclusive of coffee breaks with refreshments and bento / buffet lunch.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 8 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
For Company-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored learners: Click here to download registration form.
To be confirmed one (1) week prior to the course start date.
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.