2-Day Data Analysis Using Dynamic And Interactive Excel Dashboard
Course In Singapore
Learn how to create an interactive Excel Dashboard for data analysis and displaying of KPIs to monitor business health
All our courses are not subsidised and non-claimable using SkillsFuture credit
Data Analysis Using Dynamic And Interactive Excel Dashboard Course Overview
Visualizing All Data, At A Glance
Do you find pulling and manipulating data from multiple sources manually challenging? The process is often tedious, sub-optimal and even inefficient. Have you ever wondered about how you could generate relevant information and gain insights from your data using Excel? Dashboards are the key in today’s data-driven environment.
So, what exactly is an Excel Dashboard? A dashboard provides real-time results by aggregating and extracting value from all of the collected data, otherwise known as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
A data dashboard is an information management tool that visually tracks, analyses and displays key performance indicators (KPI), metrics and key data points to monitor the health of a business, department or specific process. They are customizable to meet the specific needs of a department and company. Through the use of data visualizations, the use of an excel dashboard simplifies complex data sets into manageable chunks of visual information and other strategic data to provide users with an awareness of current performance – at a quick glance.
Microsoft Excel is a power data analysis tool for creating interactive Dashboards. Much more affordable and highly available as compared to other tools, learning how to build them through our advanced Excel dashboard training will be a great addition to your skills. Likewise, as Excel is a commonly used application globally, you will be able to employ the skills attained in our Excel dashboard course in Singapore anytime.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- understand the concept of Dashboard
- build the Dashboard from scratch
- design and prepare Dashboard
- use some powerful Excel functions to create dynamic data
- import data from various sources, merge data and organize them for visual presentation
- analyse data to gain insights to support decision making
- use Form Controls to interact with the Dashboard
- build and maintain the Dashboard
This course is for anyone:
- who is an intermediate-to-advanced Excel user looking to take their skills to the next level
- who wants to use Excel to visualize the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other strategic data for your organization at a glance (e.g. Accountant/Finance, Human Resource, Business, Sales, Data Analysts, Stock or Forex Traders and Business Owners)
- who is keen on learning how to create dynamic and interactive Dashboard reports
- who is interested to improve the design of their existing Excel reports
- who wants to know more about Excel power lookup functions to create dynamic data lists
- who is keen to explore Excel form controls to add interactivity into the chart or data lists
This is a hands-on practical course. Our trainer will walk through each of the topics step-by-step. Learners will also be provided with exercise files on each topic to practise application of what has been taught. A short Q & A session will be available after each topic.
- Must have at least Intermediate Excel skills
- Must be well versed in using Excel functions such as IF, OR, AND, and nested functions
- Knowledge in creating basic Microsoft Excel Chart
- Being well versed with Excel Pivot Table will be an added advantage, but not mandatory
- PC/Windows operating system laptop (personal laptops are preferred as some company laptops may have restrictions in accessing the Internet and USB thumb drive)
- Laptop power adaptor
- A USB mouse
- A USB thumb drive or hard-disk
- Software requirement: Microsoft Excel version 2010-2019 or Office 365
Our Dedicated Trainer
Having trained adult learners specialising in IT from both public and private sectors since 1986, Alaster has a wealth of experience in training. Before moving into the training sector, Alaster worked in IT for over 12 years – boasting a wide range of roles held within software development. Prior to being approved by People’s Association (PA) as a certified trainer, Alaster was an Associate Trainer with the Civil Service College. He also holds Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and specialises in training Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Photoshop.
With his vast experience and commitment to keeping abreast with emerging trends, tools and technologies within the IT and software industry, Alaster is extensively involved in developing course outlines and materials that equip learners with up-and-coming skills in demand for the future of work.
In constantly exploring innovative and effective methods of imparting knowledge, Alaster is able to engage his learners in the courses he conducts. A large part of his trainings are committed to providing practical solutions to real-life problems, especially in the Excel courses he conducts. An approachable and engaging trainer, Alaster is always willing to aid his learners in overcoming various problems using the skills acquired even after courses. Well-known and liked for his dedication, commitment and passion for training, Alaster is appreciated by his learners.
This Excel Dashboard Training conducted by Alaster will help you gain confidence and refine your Excel skills at the workplace.
All our courses are not subsidised and non claimable using SkillsFuture credit.
For organisations applying with more than 2 learners, please click here to download the registration form.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
Inclusive of coffee breaks with refreshments and bento / buffet lunch.
Bring Your Own Laptop Course.
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more.
Absentees will be charged the full course fee.
2 days, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(14 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own closed class at a date of your choice, subject to trainer’s availability.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
Lower course fee is also available for closed class at your premises. Request a quote.
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date.
For Company-Sponsored Learners: Click here to download registration form.
For Self-Sponsored Learners:
Click here to download registration form.
You can also register online here.
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to view our course listings yet. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration.
Complimentary car park coupon upon request (subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis).
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control.
More Courses By Alaster
Excel 100 Tips And Techniques Course (Exclusive)
Excel Power Query – Automating Data Preparation (New & Exclusive)