Create Digital Fill-In Form In Word And Auto Import Form Data From Excel Course Overview
The below questions are commonly asked by many people without a single clue on solving them and continue spending quality time collecting and entering information manually.
- How to gather information from people?
- How to gather digital information?
- How to create digital fill-in form?
- How to transfer the digital form into tabular format without entering manually?
- How to batch transfer all digital forms into tabular format like Excel automatically?
- How to gather information more efficiently?
Well, creating a form is easy but creating a fillable Word form can be challenging and time consuming when transferring the digital form into tabular format is done manually.
Take for example, you have 50 forms with 20 items in a single form. If the transferring of data (copy and paste) is done manually, you may take 5 mins or longer to complete 1 form. If you have 50 forms with 1000 items to be transferred, how much time will it takes you? It takes you 4 hours 16 mins to complete 50 forms by doing manually and continuously without any break time.
What if you can get 50 forms done in less than 30 seconds? This course is specially developed to increase your work efficiency by learning how to automate the importing of data to Excel. Focus on more worthwhile tasks with the 4 hours 15.5 mins you saved.
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- create digital fill-in form in MS Word.
- fill Word form.
- automate the importing of Word forms in batch into Excel using VBA.
- make their work more efficient and save tones of time without entering the collected data manually.
This course is recommended for anyone who required to collect data, e.g. sales and marketing, business development, human resource, marcom, market surveyors, educator and more…
This is a hands-on practical course. Trainer will walk through the topic step-by-step. Learners will be provided with exercise files on every topic to effectively apply what have been taught. A short Q & A session will be available after each topic.
- Must possess basic working knowledge on Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Programming and VBA knowledge are NOT required
- PC/Windows operating system laptop (personal laptop is preferred as some company laptops may have restriction in accessing internet and USB thumb drive)
- Laptop power adaptor
- A USB mouse
- A USB thumb drive or hard-disk
- Software requirement: Microsoft Word and Excel version 2010-2019 or Office 365
- Developer tab
- Introduction to Content Controls
- Which Content Controls should be avoided
- Building the structure of the form using Table
- Inserting the Content Controls into the form structure
- Setting the properties of the Content Controls
- Save the document as the master copy
- Protecting the document so that only form filling is allows
- Save the document as another name for distribution
- Create a workbook for collecting the data from the Word document form
- Create the VBA Sub procedure for importing form data from Word document in the Personal Macro Workbook
- Place the macro in Excel QAT
- Duplicate a few copies of the Word document that contains the form
- Save all duplicated copies in the same path as the Excel workbook
- Open all duplicated copies and fill the form
- Open the workbook and start the importing
Our Dedicated Trainer
Alaster has been training adult learners in IT in both the private and public sectors since 1986. Alaster’s career before training centred around IT for over 12 years, as he held various roles within software development. He has earned himself a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and he is an existing Trainer approved by People’s Association (PA). He was also a former Associate Trainer with the Civil Service College.
He specialises on training Microsoft Applications and Adobe Photoshop. Based on his vast experience and keeping abreast with the emerging trends, tools and technologies with the IT industry, especially software, he has extensively involved in developing several course outlines and course materials and conducting training to equip learners with skills in-demand or likely to be most important in the jobs of the future work.
Alaster constantly explore innovative and effective ways in imparting knowledge and engaging his learners at the same time. He also focuses his training on providing practical solutions to real-life problems, especially Excel. He is more than willing to help overcome various problems faced by his learners that arise in their workplace in applying their newly-acquired knowledge and skills any time after the course. He is well-known for his dedication, commitment and passion to training that makes him well-liked and appreciated by his learners.
All registration forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before course commencement. Many courses have pre-requisites, which are intended to foster a learner’s success in the course. Be sure to check the necessary pre-requisites before registering.
Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks with refreshments and catered/buffet lunch
Call us for a group rebate when you register in a group of 6 or more
Absentees will be charged the full course fee
1 day, 9:00am – 5:00pm
(7 hrs, exclude lunch break)
If you have a group of 6 or more preparing for the same course, you can opt for your own “closed” class. Closed classes are perfect for corporate team training where group learning can make a difference.
Please note that closed class is not customised class.
For Company-Sponsored Learners: Click here to download registration form
For Self-Sponsored Learners:
Click here to download registration form
You can also register online here
For Government Ministries / Agencies on HRMS / ACE, you are unable to see our courses on the list. Please inform your Training Coordinator the Course Code, Course Title, Course Date and the Training Provider is Advanced Learning Singapore to upload into the system for registration
Details of hotel will be confirmed nearer the course start date
ALS reserves the right to reschedule, postpone or cancel any course, change the trainer and venue at short notice and at its absolute discretion, due to insufficient enrolment, class size, availability and circumstances outside our control
More Courses By Alaster
Excel 100 Tips And Techniques Course (Exclusive)
Excel VBA Series 1 – Fundamentals Course (New & Exclusive)